Thursday, January 24, 2008

Returning from slumber

Well things are getting really busy lately so i haven't got much time to spare on bloggings. But within this limited amount of time I would like to wish all of my Indian friends Happy Thaipusam.

Well one thing that kick me out to live today is because after waiting for like eternity, amd/ati finally release the ati driver version 8.443 which works nicely with aiglx.. Well i don't care much bout the 3d stuff at the moment but it have fix at least the multimedia site where i can finally watch movies using -vo gl or -vo xv .. For the past 2 years my faithful rigs can only managed to display either -vo sdl or -vo x11 which consumed a lot of cpu usage and generate we all know Heat!.

I received several mails claiming is there any Download Manager such as Flashget in the Gnu/Linux system. Well it's called Multiget developed by an anonymous chinese guy known only as china_kfc. Basically it possess similliar interface with Flashget. Ubuntu or Fedora users can just yum it or apt-get .

Until next time I probably write something off on the project i'm working on maybe later.

No comments: