Saturday, August 18, 2007

Uitm Ihack 2007 Part 1

It`s been a while since i blogging. Busy preparing myself for the Uitm I-Hack 2007 in Shah Alam from 17-19. Thanks to a contact of mine we managed to hook a car and drived around like crazy.

Well nothing much to be talk about the Hacking Seminars. From my point of view it`s more like business orientated stuff. However some of the speakers is quite concern about security in the codes and steps that user should use.

Hurm what interest me is the flyers nearly makes me roll my eyes!!. To protect yourself from port sniffing use Windows Firewall! I mean OMG !! what happen to the other alternative solution?

Leaving that aside , today is the day for Forensic Challenge ..

Well most of binary files exist in windows. Our expertise in linux don`t help much . Unlike previous year where players can only make 5 attempt to retrive a flag. This year is unlimited but well it`s okay. The forensic covers from reading logs to debugging ,jpeg stengraphy , (blax3 what you expect on school level hackings).

Well the game starts from 9 -4pm.. And we proudly won the game by solving 7 out of the 9 question. While there`s the CTF games tomorrow. Pray to God we win !!

No comments: