Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Enabling Compiz Fusion on my Reinsten

I got myself new shiny rig. A few eye candy effects wouldn't hurt much right? So after a full yum install ccsm, compiz-fusion\* .. i try enabling it for the first time using compiz-manager. Then suddenly the white screen of death appeared . It didn`t actually crash my system but i was taken back for awhile since i had this assumption "Intel 3d drivers works well without any qualms".

Kagesenshi points out compiz-manager --indirect rendering . But it annoys me since compiz manager told me that my card is on the blacklist and it fall back to metacity.

Upon googling , i found out we can actually manipulate an env variable call SKIP_CHECKS . put it yes and all it will skip all the blacklist checking system

so i create a simple bash script and load it on session

#!/bin/bash
SKIP_CHECKS = yes
compiz-manager --indirect-rendering.


So it works


Running xchat with few prism base apps.


P/S: I'm looking for ways so that each prism apps is connected to different proxy servers. I think it's possible , any ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude what's the combo key to enable the prism effect as per ur screenshot? ubuntu super noob here. thanks!

<~!@#> said...

Urm? Search for Prism Extension for Firefox. Install it, then look at Tools > Convert Website to Application.. That`s it