Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fedora 9 Sulphur: Rocks but..

I`ve been running sulphur for quite sometimes (since my shoes are made from rawhide). But it didn't stop me from downloading the Official ISO from Fedora Project site. Have tried it on my old clanky Ati Mobile Radeon x200 laptops. As Kagesenshi mentioned,it looks quite haphazard and ugly, hopefully ATI and NVidia will catch up fast !! Since the X looks quite terrible that i don't even have the guts to paste a screenshot!!

Until the xorg drivers issue resolves, i won't update my xorg yet.

P/S: Tawel Sensei? Fedora 9 comes only in KDE? I think you must have downloaded the Fedora KDE Live media instead of Fedora Desktop Live Media.

3 comments:

petsie said...

The so called "upgrade" to fc 9 gives IMHO a nice looking desktop theme. But additionally to the crippled Xorg Version, the network has to be reanimated by hand after every boot, the number-pad has gone into lala-land and Mathematica 6 does not show all typed characters and is unusable --- like FC9

<~!@#> said...

My lazy solution?

backup your ~/home or any other important folders to an external storage and do a clean install :)

Tawel Sensei said...

Haha, my mistake! No, I didn't download Fedora 9. I just read a review.

I once tried Fedora 8 several months ago, but then I realized its learning curve is much higher than Ubuntu. Besides, its community forum is not really friendly and geared towards highly proficient Linux users.

Anyway, let's watch the hottest video in town now ;)