Friday, September 14, 2007

Fixing Gnome Setting in Enlightenment 17

Kagesenshi mention to me that something is wrong with my e17. it won`t load the appropriate setting for GTK apps. And OMG this seems to be true. At first my attempt is to just to create a startup program to load gnome-setting-daemon. It turn out not to be a good choice as it will load the whole gnome desktop setting and i wanted to fixed only appearence of the gtk apps.

The solution ? Create a ~/.gtkrc-2.0 or ~/.gtkrc-1.21 depends on your system.

Add the following line example

gtk-icon-theme-name = "Tango"
gtk-theme-name = "Human"
gtk-font-name = "Bitstream Vera Sans 10"
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
It works on me and it should on you..Shout me if there's a problem

1 comment:

C.S.Lee said...

Hi Yondie,

Just come across your blog, for the gtk setting, I usually use this -

http://plasmasturm.org/code/gtk-chtheme/

It's easy going tool in your case.

Cheers ;]